Tissot Talk and Tour
Tuesday, January 7, 2020, Noon*
FASHION IN THE BELLE EPOQUE FROM TISSOT TO CALLOT … “WHO WORE IT BETTER?”
Please join us as distinguished New York University Professor and contributing fashion historian to The New Yorker magazine,
- Talk and Docent Tour $85.
- Textile Art Council Members $75.
- Dresser’s Circle $155. Includes a 4:00 Champagne Reception with Dr. Hatcher at a Private Residence.
* Please note there are two different timing options for the tour and docent tour:
- Docent tour at noon, lecture at 1:00
- Lecture at 1:00, docent tour at 2:00
Please purchase all tickets by December 29.
Image Credit: Artwork by Leslie Katz. Left-side image: James Tissot, French, 1836–1902; Portrait of Mademoiselle L. L…, 1864; Oil on canvas, 48 7/8 × 39 1/8 in. (123.5 × 99 cm); Musée d’Orsay, Paris, Acquired at the Thiébault-Sisson Sale, 1907, RF 2698; Musée d’Orsay,© RMN-Grand Palais / Art Resource, NY. Image provided courtesy of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco. Right-hand side image: Portrait of Rita de Acosta Lydig by Giovanni Boldini; Oil on canvas; Signed and dated “Boldini 1911” (lower right).